Alumni Day Parade Information:
Parade assembling areas are as follow:
o All classic vehicles will assemble on the right side of the PCM access road.
o All bands will assemble in parking lot next to Jake’s. (the Old Go-Go gas market place).
o All dignitaries’ vehicles will enter at the lower entrance (THIS IS YOUR ONLY ENTRANCE) by the walking path and assemble on the left side of the PCM Access road. They will park and await direction from the Alumni parade officials when they may line-up on the street.
o All floats will also enter at the lower entrance by the walking path and proceed behind the
PCM building until they arrive at the LBL grass/dirt parking lot. They will park
and wait for direction from the Alumni parade official when they may enter onto the street.
o Fire trucks will line-up on the street by 10:15am parallel with the classic vehicles.
o We ask that everyone is parked and ready to start by 10:00am and parade will start 10:30am sharp.
Please note that vehicles that are NOT in the parade must be parked in the lower PCM
parking lot or arrangements must be made for drop-off at that spot. Sorry for the inconvenience, but parking is limited and the parked vehicles take up valuable room that is needs for floats and dignitaries cars.
There will be numerous alumni officials there to help you get lined up. Please be patient and
have no fear everyone will be in the parade as scheduled. If there are any questions you can
contact Jean Patoine 802-591-7230. As you plan your float, please keep in mind the rules of Alumni participation.
2023: BEACH TIME
2024: AT THE FAIR
2025: VERMONT MADE
2026: GAME SHOWS
$1,000.00 total is awarded.
Most Outstanding (1st only) - $500.00
1st Non-Alumni - $200.00 plus banner
2nd Non-Alumni - banner only
1st Humorous - $100.00 plus banner
2nd Humorous - banner only
1st Most Artistic - $100.00 plus banner
2nd Most Artistic - banner only
1st Most Original - $100.00 plus banner
2nd Most Original - banner only
S.H.S.A.A. Parade Code of Ethics
As you plan your float, please keep in mind the following rules of Alumni Parade participation:
1. Intoxicating beverages are not to be consumed by any parade participant. If intoxicating beverages or the results of consumption of such beverages is observed by the parade judges, chairperson, or any trustee, the float shall be disqualified and ineligible for any prize or prize money.
A. Any connection between the tow vehicle and the float must be a lawful hitch with safety chains. B. All objects must be securely attached.
C. Fire extinguishers are required on all floats.
D. No candy, etc. is to be thrown from the float. If it is to be distributed, it must be exchanged hand to hand. We do not want children running out in front of moving floats.
3. Keep approximately four car lengths between participating units in the parade. Any float that does not maintain this distance, resulting in a large gap in the parade, shall forfeit points in the judging.
4. Refrain from profanity.
5. Do not use any objects or materials which could damage clothing or personal property or cause bodily harm or injury to spectators.
6. Observe state road laws on width and height when transporting the float to and from the parade. The limit on height is 16 feet and width is 25 feet.
7. All debris shall be cleaned up after the parade.
8. All floats will be inspected at parade line-up for worthiness of participation.
9. All floats must remain at the post parade gathering at Riverside to be eligible for awards. You will be notified when judging is completed.